Strawberry and Blueberry Snacks for a Busy Teacher
Sometimes eating healthy snacks can be challenging for a busy teacher! Here a few of my favorite quick and easy strawberry and blueberry combinations! Strawberries and blueberries are two fruits that are packed with nutrients and phytochemicals! These two fruits are known to have strong antioxidants and lots of vitamins! Strawberries and blueberries help keep the body healthy in multiple ways and have been known to help prevent certain diseases. It’s good to know that strawberries and blueberries are two fruits that taste delicious together!
Strawberries and Blueberries are perfect for:
- Additions to oatmeal, salads, and much more!
Check out a few of my favorite tasty and healthy strawberry and blueberry combinations! They’re delicious and very easy to prepare because the strawberry and blueberry combinations have only a few steps to prepare! These quick and healthy strawberry and blueberry snacks and meals are perfect for a busy teacher like me! Enjoy!
Also, I use organic strawberries and blueberries to make sure they are free from pesticides.
1) Cup or Bowl of Fresh Cut Strawberries and Blueberries
I LOVE having a fresh bowl or cup of fresh strawberries and blueberries for breakfast, as a snack, or as a dessert! They taste delicious together and their sweetness helps fight sweet tooth cravings! They are the perfect combination together! As a busy teacher, having a bowl of freshly cut strawberries and blueberries is a quick and healthy after school snack! A quick and easy snack that’s loaded in nutrients and vitamins and allows me to continue to have energy after school!
- First wash/rinse your fresh strawberries. (I prefer organic to ensure they are free from pesticides.)
- Then carefully cut your freshly washed strawberries. (It’s okay if you happen to eat a few during this process! They are too delicious to resist!)
- Add freshly cut strawberries to a cup or bowl.
- Then wash/rinse your fresh blueberries. (I prefer organic.)
- Then mix the blueberries with the strawberries.
- Simply enjoy!
The combination of strawberries and blueberries is quite delicious and always satisfies my sweet tooth cravings! Store them in an airtight container to save as a snack for after school!
2) Strawberries, Blueberries, and Whole-Grain Oatmeal
As a busy teacher, having breakfast in the morning has always been a challenge for me. When I don’t have a lot of time in the morning to make breakfast, I’ll make my favorite quick and healthy combination of strawberries, blueberries, and whole-grain oatmeal. This quick to make combination of fruits and whole-grains is quite delicious and a great way to start my day! I feel confident starting the day with berry nutrients and fulfilling natural fiber, a perfect combination to give me the energy I need to teach!
- Boil water for your 100% whole-grain natural oatmeal.
- Pour dry oats in a bowl.
- While the water is heating up to a boil, wash your fresh strawberries and blueberries.
- Add blueberries to dry oats.
- Cut the strawberries and add to dry oats and blueberries.
- When water has come to a boil, pour into oatmeal, strawberries, and blueberries mixture. (Add amount of water to oatmeal for your desired preference.)
- Stir strawberries, blueberries, and oatmeal.
3) Strawberries, Blueberries, and Chickpeas
Having a cup or bowl of strawberries, blueberries, and chickpeas is a perfect combination of delicious berry vitamins, fiber, and protein. Mixed together, this combination of fruits and a legume is a quick and healthy way to get nutrients and protein! Sometimes I will have a bowl of strawberries, blueberries, and chickpeas as a snack after school or for breakfast!
- If you use dry chickpeas, you’ll need to either cook them on the stove or prep them overnight with water. If you use canned chickpeas, these are already cooked and are ready to eat.
- Pour cooked chickpeas in a bowl.
- Wash your fresh strawberries and blueberries.
- Carefully cut the strawberries.
- Add strawberries and blueberries to a cup or bowl of cooked chickpeas.
- Mix strawberries, blueberries, and cooked chickpeas.
Those are a few of my favorite quick and easy ways to eat strawberries and blueberries! For a busy teacher like me, these three ways to eat strawberries and blueberries are quick and easy to make. They are delicious and are a great way to get nutrients for the body!
I’d love to hear about your favorite strawberry and blueberry snack or meal combinations! Leave a comment to let me know how you enjoy eating your strawberries and blueberries!